Planning Your Visiting
|Visitor Information||Opening Hours|
Choeung Ek Genocidal Center is located at Roluos Village, Choeung Ek Commune,Dangkor District , Phnom Penh, the Kingdom of Cambodia.
Telephone: ( 855) 23 305 371 Mobile phone: (855) 12 341 237
|The Choeung Ek Genocidal Center opens from 8:00 am to 17:00 pm everyday.|
|General Admission||Admission Ticket Fee|
|General Admission entitles visitors entry into the Choeung Ek Genocidal Center to see all scenes and perform all activities with the center’s facilities||
*There are 15 languages: Khmer ,English, French, German, Japanese, Dutch, Mandarin, Korean, Spanish, Thai, Italian, Vietnamese, Swedish, Malay, Russian.
** FOC : Free of charge
How to Get Here
The Chhoeung Ek Genocidal Center is located about 15 km southwest of Phnom Penh. It is about 20 – 40 minutes drive from the downtown. There is no public transport to get there, but visitors can use various means of private transport such as motor taxi, three-wheel car, taxi, bus to get there. Usually, guest houses, hostels the hotels where you stay in Phnom Penh and/or the travel agencies will able to arrange the transportation to the center.
There are 2 routes to the center. One is to take Monireth street by passing Steng mean Chey bridge at the street 271. And the other is to take Beng Tumpon street at street 271, too. ( see Phnom Penh map).
- Participate in mourning and dedicating to spirits of all victims by offering flowers and lighting incense
- sticks and candles in accordance with Khmer culture and tradition.
- Mediate to liberate of all victims spirits those who had been murdered in memorial area.
- Walk through the green plant corridor.
- Release stress by viewing scenery of large paddy fields and lake of the Mekong region in rainy season.
- Take photographs of the Memorial Charnel and various special places of the site.
- Take photographs of the Memorial Charnel at sunset
- Take photographs for memory with Choeung Ek Genocidal Center's staff.
- Shopping in the small souvenir shop (handicrafts, historical books ..., etc)
Copyright © 2012 Choeunge Ek Genocidal Center. All Rights Reserved.